Boot Camp Day 3, February 17th, will be our state day–it is FREE to attend! SAVE THE ZOOM LINK and join us, whether you register for the full boot camp or just join us for the state day.
Find full Boot Camp information and registration below!
Just hired? Just elected? Get the intensive, grounded training, and connections that farmers market organizers need for your 2022 season!
About this event
“Boot Camp” will be virtual (via Zoom) and held on three Thursdays in February, for 2.5 hours per day.
February 3, 10, &17, 8:30 am to 11:00 am (Alaska)
We’re excited to welcome five new State Partners to formally expand our farmers market community:
- Alaska Farmers Market Association – USE PROMO CODE AK@BC2022 for a $50 discount! $25 total
- Idaho Farmers Market Association
- Ohio Farmers Market Network
- Oregon Farmers Market Association, and
- Utah Farmers Market Network.
The first two days of Boot Camp provide general farmers markets tools and training for everyone who has just been hired, looking for a refresher, or getting key updates. We encourage new board members to attend so they understand what goes into farmers market operation, their role in sustaining a strong market organization, and building a great team.
The third day will be “state-specific.” The WSFMA and each of our State Partners will host a day dedicated to their state’s key partners, programs, and resources. (If your state is not a current partner, you will be enrolled in the WSFMA’s state day.)
* All times are ALASKA Time.
🥕 Thursday, February 3 🥕 from 8:30am-11:00am*
- Where do Farmers Markets fit in the Bigger Picture: social movement? chamber of commerce? local event?
- “Rules of the Road” for every farmers market: from tent weights to licenses, food safety to insurance, nonprofit governance to managing volunteers
- Networking with other people who have the same job as you do!
🥕 Thursday, February 10 🥕 from 8:30am-11:00am*
- Practical Management Tips & Tools for before, during, and after your market season
- Vendors: recruiting, applications, site maps, sales, data
- Art of the market layout: for sales, safety, and keeping the peace
- What you need for your opening day!
🥕 Thursday, February 17 🥕 from 8:30am-5pm
- Learn where to go for info and who to contact at your state’s dept of ag, dept of health, liquor control board, and other key agencies.
- Learn how food access programs work in your state: SNAP, FMNP and more!
- Learn about networks and associations dedicated to farmers markets in your state.
For additional information, please visit the 2022 Boot Camp website